Set or clear default applications for certain built-in features of the phone.
- From home, tap Apps > Settings > Applications .
- Tap More options > Default applications.
- Tap each default setting to see what services or applications are available to set as the default.
- Browser app: Choose a default browser app.
- Calling app: Choose a default calling app.
- Messaging app: Choose a default messaging (text and multimedia) app.
- Default app selection: Choose whether to have the phone set default apps automatically or to have the phone ask before setting default apps.
- Set as default: Select a different app to open related files.
- Home screen: Choose a Home screen type.
- Device assistance app: Choose an app that provides assistance for using your device.
Note: If you choose a default messaging app other than Messages, you will not be able to use the Messages app unless you restore it as the default messaging app.