If you do not already have a Google Account, you can create one online or using your phone.
Note: You can also create and sign into your Google/Gmail account through your phone’s Setup application.
Note: Although you need a Gmail account to use certain features of your phone, such as Google Play, you do not need to use Gmail as the default account for your phone.
Create a Google Account Online
- From a computer, launch a Web browser and navigate to google.com.
- On the main page, click Sign-in > Create account.
- Follow the prompts to create your free account.
- Look for an email from Google in the email box you provided, and respond to the email to confirm and activate your new account.
Create a Google Account Using Your Phone
- From home, tap Apps > Settings > Accounts > Accounts > Add account.
- Tap Google, and then tap Or create a new account.
- Follow the prompts to set up your account. Tap Next to proceed between steps, which may include:
- Enter your First name and Last name.
- Enter your birthday and gender.
- Enter a desired Username.
- Enter and confirm a password.
- Add a phone number.
- View your Google Account credentials.
- Select Google services.
- Set up payment info.
- You are signed in to your Google Account, and your phone will synchronize selected items with your new account.