Open topic with navigation
Photos + Camera
Configure options for the camera, and the pictures you take.
- From Start, swipe left to Apps, and then tap Settings.
- Swipe left or right to display Applications, and then tap photos + camera.
- Configure options:
- Press and hold camera button to wake up the phone: Tap to enable or disable the option. When enabled, you can turn on the screen by pressing and holding the Camera Key.
- Prevent accidental camera launch when phone is locked: Tap to enable or disable the option. When enabled, pressing and holding the Camera Key when the screen is locked will not launch camera.
- Tap screen to take pictures and videos when using the built-in camera app: Tap to enable or disable the option. When enabled, you can tap the screen to focus on the area you tapped, and take the picture or begin recording automatically.
- Include location info in pictures I take: Tap to enable or disable the option. When enabled, your location is stored in the details of the pictures you take.
- Pressing the camera button opens: Tap to choose an app to launch when you press and hold the Camera Key.
- Auto upload: Configure options for uploading pictures automatically, as you take them.
- Tap SkyDrive to configure options, if SkyDrive is turned On. SkyDrive is a part of your Microsoft account, and you can enable automatic upload in backup settings. For more information, see Backup.
- Tap apps to find and install apps you can use to automatically upload your content. Tap find apps, and then follow the prompts.
- Tap reset camera to return all camera settings to their defaults.