Wi-Fi Calling uses Wi-Fi networks to help improve voice and data coverage. It sends and receives calls and text messages over a connected Wi-Fi network and may offer better coverage in buildings and areas of poor cellular reception.
For more information about Wi-Fi and your phone, see Wi-Fi.
Set Up Wi-Fi Calling
- Tap > Settings > Networks tab.
- Tap Wi-Fi Calling and follow the online prompts to set up Wi-Fi Calling.
- Wi-Fi Calling is set up. You will see in the status bar when Wi-Fi Calling is active, or if Wi-Fi Calling is set up but you are not currently connected to a Wi-Fi network.
Tip: For more information about Wi-Fi Calling, visit this FAQ link at sprint.com/support.
Enable or Disable Wi-Fi Calling
- Tap > Settings > Networks tab > Wi-Fi Calling.
- Tap to turn Wi-Fi Calling on or off.
- Wi-Fi Calling will be turned off, and the Wi-Fi Calling icon will not appear in the status bar.
Tip: You can also turn Wi-Fi Calling on or off through the quick settings menu. Pull down the status bar to display the quick settings menu and tap Wi-Fi Calling to enable or disable the feature.