You can update your phone's software using the System Update option.
Before Updating Your Phone
Updating your phone may result in a loss of saved data depending on the condition of your phone (malfunctioning, damaged, water seepage, etc.). You must back up all critical information before updating your phone firmware.
Back Up All Data Prior to Update
To back up your Gmail information:
- Tap > Settings > General tab > Accounts & sync.
- Tap the Auto-sync data option to enable the feature.
- If the Auto-sync option is on, email, Calendar and Contacts automatically synchronize whenever a change is made.
- If the Auto-sync option is off, tap the sync icon within the account field to reveal the account’s synchronization settings screen.
- Select an account and then tap > Sync now to sync your Google Account information.
To back up your Exchange Mail information:
- Tap > Settings > General tab > Accounts & sync > Microsoft Exchange.
- Select an account and then tap > Sync now to sync your Microsoft Exchange account information.
- Toggle the onscreen buttons to manually synchronize the desired parameters (Contacts or Calendar).
To restore your Google apps following the update:
- Tap > Play Store .
- Tap > My apps & games > ALL tab.
- Scroll through the list of previously downloaded Google apps and choose those you wish to reinstall.
- Follow the onscreen instructions.
Note: Your Google app purchases are reloaded remotely and can be re-installed after the update is applied.
As an added precaution, to preserve any data on your microSD card, please unmount it from your phone prior to starting the update process. Tap > Settings > General tab > Storage > .
Update Your Phone’s Software
Once you have backed up all your data, use the Update now option to update your phone’s software.
- Tap > Settings > General tab > System updates.
- Tap Update LG software > CHECK FOR UPDATE.
- Your phone automatically downloads and installs any available updates. You may be required to power your phone off and back on to complete the software upgrade.
Alternatively, you can access system updates through the notification panel.
- Locate the System Update Available icon in notifications.
- Pull down the status bar.
- Tap to open the System Updates screen.
- Tap Download and follow the onscreen instructions.
- The downloading icon appears within the status bar to indicate the phone is downloading the necessary files.
- Tap Restart and install to complete the process.
Confirm Your Current Phone Software
- Tap > Settings > General tab > About phone.
- Tap Software info.