You are here: Getting Started > Set Up Your Phone > microSD Card > Unmount and Remove the microSD Card
Follow these instructions to unmount and remove a microSD card. Always unmount the microSD card before removing it from your phone, and always power the phone off before inserting or removing a microSD card.
- Tap > Settings > General tab.
- Tap Storage.
- Tap .
- The status of the SD card changes from Ejecting to Ejected. The card is now unmounted.
- Press and hold the Power/Lock key and then tap Power Off > POWER OFF to turn off your phone.
- Gently insert the ejection pin into the hole on the card tray and then pull out the ejected tray.
- Take the microSD card out of the tray to remove it.