Check the questions and answers below for troubleshooting solutions for common phone issues.
Check Here First
Issue: Phone freezes/operation is unstable.
Answer: Turn the phone on again. If you are unable to turn the phone off, reboot your phone. Simply press and hold the Volume Down and Power keys for about 10 seconds. Data that was being edited is erased after your phone is powered on again.
Issue: Operation is unstable after a new application was installed.
Answer: The newly installed application may be the cause. Uninstall the application in Safe mode. See Uninstall an App. To turn the phone on in Safe mode:
- Press and hold the Power/Lock key > touch and hold Power off, read the disclaimer for safe mode, and then tap TURN ON.
- After turning the phone on in Safe mode, "Safe Mode" appears at lower left.
- After restarting in Safe mode, your phone can be powered on as usual.
- Before turning the phone on in Safe mode, it is recommended that you back up important data.
- By powering the phone on in Safe mode, added widgets may be deleted.
Issue: Cannot use phone, mail, or Internet.
Answer 1: Check whether you are where signal is weak or out of service area.
Answer 2: Power the phone on again.
Answer 3: Is the phone in Airplane mode? To check that Airplane mode is canceled:
- Tap > Settings > Networks tab.
- Tap Airplane mode switch to turn the function off.
Answer 4: Is data communication disabled? To check that data communication is enabled:
- Tap > Settings > Networks tab > Mobile data.
- Tap the Mobile data switch to turn it on.
Answer 5: Is a disabled access point set? To reset to initial settings:
- Tap > Settings > Networks tab > More.
- Tap Mobile networks > Access Point Names.
- Tap > Reset to default.
Issue: Battery level goes down quickly.
Answer: Are you where signal is weak or have been out of service area for a long period? Calling where signal is weak or being out of service area uses a lot of battery.
Issue: Cannot install applications.
Answer: Applications cannot be installed with only a little free space on the phone or SD card. To check free space, see Storage. Applications not supported by your phone cannot be installed.
Issue: Cannot unlock screen.
Answer: Power the phone on again. If you are unable to turn the phone off, reboot your phone. Simply press and hold the Volume Down and Power keys for about 10 seconds. Data that was being edited is erased after the phone is powered on again.