You can register and save your fingerprint on the device to use fingerprint identification.
- Tap > Settings > General tab > Fingerprints & security > Fingerprints.
Note: This feature is available when the secured lock is activated. Lock the device with Knock Code, Pattern, PIN or Password. If the screen lock is not active, configure the lock screen by following the on-screen instructions. See Select Screen Lock for details.
- Locate the Power/Lock key on the back of the device and gently put your finger on it to register the fingerprint.
Note: Gently press the Power/Lock key so that the sensor can recognize your fingerprint. If you press the Power/Lock key with an excessive force, the screen lock function may start or the screen may be turned off. Ensure that your fingertip covers the entire surface of the sensor of the Power/Lock key.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
- Repeat scanning the fingerprint by moving your finger little by little until the fingerprint registers.
- When the fingerprint registration is done, tap OK.
- Tap ADD MORE to register another fingerprint. If you register only one fingerprint and the corresponding finger is not in a good condition, the fingerprint recognition may not work well. As the preventive measure against this kind of situation, register multiple fingerprints.