Your phone allows you to quickly turn the screen off when not in use and to turn it back on and unlock it when you need it.
Turn the Screen Off When Not in Use
- To quickly turn the screen off, press the Power/Lock key. Pressing the Power/Lock key again or receiving an incoming call will turn on your phone screen and show the lock screen.
To save battery power, the phone automatically turns off the screen after a certain period of time when you leave it idle. You will still be able to receive messages and calls while the phone’s screen is off.
Note: For information on how to adjust the time before the screen turns off, see Display Settings.
Turn the Screen On and Unlock It
- To turn the screen on, press the Power/Lock key.
- The lock screen appears.
- Swipe your finger across the screen to unlock it.
- The screen is unlocked.
- If you have set up a screen lock, you will be prompted to draw the pattern or enter the password or PIN. See Select Screen Lock.
Unlock Your Screen Using the Knock Code Feature
The Knock Code feature allows you to create your own unlock code using a combination of knocks (or taps) on the screen.
To activate the Knock Code feature:
- Tap > Settings > Display tab.
- Tap Lock screen.
- Tap Select screen lock > Knock Code.
- Use the 2x2 grid to create a sequence of knocks (or taps) to set your knock code.
To unlock the phone using Knock Code:
- While the screen is off, tap the same sequence you established anywhere on the screen. The home screen will be accessed directly.