Wi-Fi Hotspot allows you to turn your phone into a Wi-Fi hotspot. When this feature is turned on, you can share your phone's mobile data services via Wi-Fi with other Wi-Fi enabled devices. The feature works best when used in conjunction with 4G data services (although 3G service can also be used).
Important: Use of the Hotspot feature requires an additional subscription. Sign on to your account at sprint.com/mysprint or access your account via Sprint Zone (Tap > Sprint Zone ) to learn more.
Note: Turning on Hotspot will disable your phone's connection to other Wi-Fi networks.
Set Up Wi-Fi Hotspot
- Tap > Settings > Networks tab.
- Tap Tethering > Wi-Fi hotspot.
- Tap the Wi-Fi hotspot switch to turn Wi-Fi hotspot on.
- Wi-Fi hotspot is enabled.
- To disable Wi-Fi hotspot, tap the switch again.
Note: The best way to keep using the phone as a hotspot is to have it connected to a power supply.
Important: Write down the passkey (password) for this connection (shown onscreen).
- Enable Wi-Fi (wireless) functionality on your target device (laptop, media device, etc.).
- Scan for Wi-Fi networks from the device and select your phone hotspot from the network list.
- Select this phone and follow your onscreen instructions to enter the passkey (provided on the Wi-Fi Hotspot page).
- Launch your Web browser to confirm you have an Internet connection.