You must create and/or sign into a Google Account to use Gmail, Duo™, Google Calendar™, and other Google Apps. Signing into a Google Account is also necessary to download applications from the Google Play Store app to sync your data (if applicable) with the Google servers, and to take advantage of any other available Google services on your phone.
If you don’t have a Google Account, you will be prompted to create one. If you have an enterprise account through your company or other organization, your IT department may have special instructions on how to sign into that account.
Create a Google Account Online
- From a computer, or from your phone's Browser, navigate to www.google.com.
- On the main page, tap or click Sign in > Create an account.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to create your free account.
- Log into your provided email address, locate the email from Google, and respond to the new email to both confirm and activate your new account.
Create a Google Account Using Your Phone
- Tap > Settings > General tab > Accounts & sync > ADD ACCOUNT > Google.
- Tap Google and then tap Or create a new account.
- Follow the prompts to set up your account. Tap NEXT to proceed between steps, which may include:
- Enter your First name and Last name.
- Enter a desired Username.
- Enter and reenter a password.
- Create a security question and answer, enter a secondary email address to help you recover your password if you ever lose it.
- On the Finish account screen, select your Web history and additional Google Play options.
- Enter the letters from the Authenticating screen.
- After your phone connects with the Google servers, select the items you would like to sync with your phone and then tap Sync now.
- Tap Finish setup.
- You are signed in to your Google Account, and your phone will synchronize the selected items.
Note: When setting up a new Google Account, either on your phone or online, you will be prompted to add a secondary email address. Enter a second Gmail address or any other email address from which you currently send and receive email. This address is used to authenticate your account should you ever encounter problems or forget your password. It is strongly encouraged for Android users so you can regain access to Google services and purchases on your phone.