The following information lets you know how to answer incoming calls, mute the ringer on incoming calls, reject incoming calls, and more.
When you receive a phone call from a contact, the Incoming call screen appears and displays the caller ID icon, name, and phone number of the calling party. When you receive a phone call from someone who is not stored in your contacts, only the default caller ID icon and phone number appear on the Incoming call screen.
Note: If your phone is turned off, all calls automatically go to voicemail.
Answer an Incoming Call
- When a call arrives, drag in any direction to answer it.
- To end the call, tap .
Mute the Ringing Sound
To mute the ringer without rejecting the call, you can do any of the following:
- Press the Volume Down key.
- Place the phone face down on a level surface.
Reject an Incoming Call
- When a call arrives, drag in any direction to reject it.
- The ringtone or vibration will stop and call will be sent directly to voicemail.
Reject a Call and Send a Text Message
You can reject an incoming call and automatically send a text message to the caller.
- When a call arrives, slide Decline with message up from the bottom of the screen.
- The ringtone or vibration will stop and you will see a list of preset text messages.
- Tap one of the messages to send it to the caller.
- The selected message will be delivered to the caller.
- You can edit the reject messages through the Call settings menu. From the phone app, tap > Call settings > Call blocking & Decline with message > Decline with message and edit or create the reject messages.