If you synchronize your phone with your Exchange account, you can read, manage, and send email in the same easy way as with a POP3/IMAP account. However, you can also access some powerful Exchange features.
Important: Before setting up a Microsoft Exchange Account, contact your company’s Exchange Server administrator for required account settings information.
- Tap > Settings > General tab > Accounts & sync > ADD ACCOUNT > Microsoft Exchange.
- Enter the EMAIL ADDRESS and PASSWORD for the email account and then tap NEXT.
- Enter the required information:
- DOMAIN/USERNAME: Enter your network domain and username, separated by “\.”
- PASSWORD: Enter your network access password (case-sensitive).
- SERVER ADDRESS: Enter your system’s Exchange server remote email address. Obtain this information from your company network administrator.
- Use secure connection (SSL): Tap to enable this feature, if your system requires SSL encryption.
- Client certificate: Tap add a certificate, if your system requires certification.
- Follow the onscreen prompts to configure options for the account.
- Enter an account name and a display name and tap DONE to complete setup.
- Your corporate email account is set up and you will begin receiving email for the account.