Open topic with navigation
Compose Text Messages
Quickly compose and send text messages on your phone.
- Tap > > Messaging .
- Tap .
- Tap the To field and enter a contact's information, see example below, using the on-screen keyboard.
- Contacts: As you enter either a name, phone number, or email address, if the information matches a current contact’s entry information, you will see a match. When you see a match, tap the associated name to complete the addressing.
- Mobile: You can enter a wireless phone number directly.
- Email: You can enter an email address directly.
- Tap a matching entry from the on-screen dropdown list. This list is populated by matches found from your contact list.
- Tap the text field and enter your message.
- To enter a smiley from the menu options, tap > Insert smiley. Make a selection from the list to insert it into your current message.
- To enter emojis, tap , then tap , and select a category at the bottom of the keyboard.
- Review your message and tap Send.
See the following topics for more information.