Open topic with navigation
Learn the basics to use the Music application.
- On the Music library screen, touch a category name to view its contents. Available categories are:
- RECENT to show the albums you have listened to recently.
- ARTISTS to show your music library sorted by artist.
- ALBUMS to show your music library sorted by album.
- SONGS to list all of your songs in alphabetical order.
- PLAYLISTS to select a customized playlist you’ve created.
- GENRES to show your music library sorted by genre.
- Touch a song in your library to play it. The Now playing screen opens.
– or –
Touch the triangular menu button next to an item and touch Play.
- Touch to show options. The following options are available for the control:
- Drag the slider to rewind or fast-forward.
- Touch to pause. Touch to resume playing.
- Touch to go back to the start of the currently played piece. Touch to jump to the start of the next piece.
- Touch to toggle shuffle on or off.
- Touch to cycle through the repeat modes: Repeating all songs, Repeating current song, or Repeat is off.
Display Additional Options
While using the Music application you can touch the triangular menu button next to any song, album, artist, or playlist to view additional options. These options may vary depending on the music data.
- Add to playlist to add the song to the playlist.
- More by artist to show another album of the selected artist.
- Shop for artist to open the browser and find items related to the artist.
- Search to conduct a search using the application that you select.
- Delete to delete the song.
Tip: To change the settings in the Android Play Music application, touch Menu from the Music library screen, and then touch Settings.