Open topic with navigation
Activate Your Phone
Follow the instructions below to activate your phone if it has not already been activated. Depending on your account or how and where you purchased your phone, it may be ready to use or you may need to activate it on your Sprint account.
- If you purchased your phone at a Sprint Store, it is probably activated and ready to use.
- If you received your phone in the mail and it is for a new Sprint account or a new line of service, it is designed to activate automatically.
- When you turn the phone on for the first time, you should see a Hands Free Activation screen. Follow the onscreen instructions to continue.
- If you received your phone in the mail and you are activating a new phone for an existing number on your account (you’re swapping phones), you can activate on your computer online or directly on your phone.
- Activate on your computer:
- Turn on your new phone. (Make sure the old one is turned off.) Your phone will automatically attempt Hands-Free Activation.
- Touch Activate to override auto-activation and start the manual activation wizard.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the activation process.
- To confirm activation, make a phone call. If your phone is still not activated or you do not have access to the Internet, contact Sprint Customer Service at 1-888-211-4727 for assistance.
Tip: Do not press the Power button while the phone is being activated. Pressing the Power button cancels the activation process.
Note: If you are having any difficulty with activation, contact Sprint Customer Service by calling 1-888-211-4727 from any other phone.