Open topic with navigation
Use the Phone’s microSD Card as a USB Drive
To transfer music, pictures, and other files from your computer to your phone’s microSD card, you need to set the phone’s microSD card as a USB drive.
- Connect the phone to your computer using the supplied USB cable.
- The PC connection screen automatically opens.
– or –
If you see on the status bar, slide it down to open the Notifications panel and touch the USB connection notification.
- Touch Mass Storage > Done > OK. See PC Connection Settings.
- On your computer, the connected phone and the inserted microSD card are recognized as two removable disks. Navigate to these removable disks and open the one containing the data from the microSD card.
- Do one of the following:
- Copy files from the computer to the root folder on the phone’s storage card.
- Copy files from the phone’s storage card to a folder on your computer or computer desktop.
- After copying the files, unmount the removable disks (that is, the connected phone) as required by your computer’s operating system to safely remove your phone, and disconnect the phone from the computer.
Note: The phone will not recognize the microSD card when it is connected to a computer as a disk drive. You will not be able to use some of the phone’s applications such as Camera or Play Music.