Open topic with navigation
Change the Backlight Settings
Select how long the display screen remains backlit after any keypress is made. You can also change the backlight settings for a Java application that is running in the foreground.
To change the screen backlight setting:
- Press > Settings > Display > Backlight.
- Select Backlight Dim or Backlight Off.
- If you select Backlight Dim, select Always Bright, Always Dim, or a preset length of time to elapse before the screen backlight dims.
- If you select Backlight Off, select a preset length of time to elapse before the screen and keypad backlights turn off. (When you select Always Bright for the Backlight Dim setting in step 2, the keypad backlight will turn off after about one minute.)
Note: Long backlight settings reduce the battery’s talk and standby times.
To change the Java application backlight setting:
- Press > Settings > Display > Backlight > Java Backlight > Default or Continuous.