Open topic with navigation
Connect Your Phone to Your Computer
Before using your phone’s mass storage capabilities, you need to prepare your phone’s data services to synchronize with your desktop or laptop computer. Once you have connected the phone to the computer, you can transfer your data to or from the microSD card.
- Press > Tools > Memory Storage > Connect to PC. (You will see a confirmation message.)
- Press OK (left softkey) to continue.
- Connect your phone to your computer using a compatible USB cable. (Wait for the connection to be completed. When connected, the host computer will automatically detect your phone.)
To remove the connection:
- When you have finished transferring data, click the USB device icon in your computer’s notification area, and follow the onscreen instructions to safely unplug the USB cable. (The process may vary depending on your computer.)
- or -
Press EXIT (left softkey) > YES (left softkey).
Important Connection Information
- To avoid loss of data, DO NOT remove the USB cable, the microSD card, or the battery while files are being accessed or transferred.
- DO NOT use your computer to change or edit folder or file names on the microSD card, and do not attempt to transfer large amounts of data from the computer to the microSD card. Doing so may cause the microSD card to fail.
- DO NOT turn off or restart your computer, or put it into standby mode, while using a mass storage device. Doing so will result in loss or damage of data.
- While you are connected to the computer, your phone’s screen will display “Phone Off.” You cannot make or receive calls.
- If you connect a mass storage device to a peripheral device, your device may not work properly.