Optimize the performance of installed apps and help extend your phone's battery power using Power optimizer.
- Tap > > Boost+.
- Tap Power optimizer.
- On the Power optimizer screen, tap an app under Not optimized to see the available optimizing options:
- Tap Background optimizer to stop the app from running in the background when it's unused.
- Tap Foreground optimizer to optimize your phone's screen resolution while using the app.
- Tap Cloud optimizer to optimize your app's CPU and GPU usage based on its available data in the cloud.
Note: Available optimizers may vary per app.
Manage Apps Using Background Optimizer
After enabling Background optimizer on an app, you can set the Boost+ app to automatically stop unused apps from running in the background. To enable this, see Use Power Optimizer for Apps.
- Under Optimizing, tap the app where Background optimizer is applied, and then tap .
- Choose any of the following options:
- Tap Always stop to always stop the app from running in the background when it's not in use.
- By default, you can tap Stop it after 3 days of no use to stop the app from running in the background when it's unused for a certain period of time.
- To change the auto stop period for Background optimizer, tap > Schedule auto stop, and then choose how long an app can be left unused before it's automatically stopped from running in the background.