Follow these instructions to unmount and remove an SD card. Always unmount an SD card before removing it from your phone, and always power the phone off before inserting or removing an SD card.
- Tap > > Settings.
- Tap Storage.
- If the SD card appears under Removable storage, tap next to the card name, and then tap Eject.
– or –
If your SD card appears under Internal storage, tap the card name, and then tap > Eject.
Important: If the SD card is used as internal storage and there are apps that were moved to the card, you will not be able to open these apps after unmounting the card.
- Power the phone off.
- Hold the phone face up.
- Insert the tip of the tray eject tool (included in the box) into the tray eject hole.
- Push the tip all the way into the hole until the tray ejects, and then pull the tray out.
- Gently pull the SD card out of the slot.
- Replace the SD card and tray.
- Make sure the tray is fully inserted and doesn't protrude from the slot.