Turn Your Phone On and Off
The instructions below explain how to turn your phone on and off.
- Press and hold the Power/Lock button on the right panel of the phone.
- Your phone will power on. You will feel or hear the phone vibrate when it has been turned on. Depending on the settings, you may see the lock screen.
- See Lock and Unlock Your Screen for information about using the screen lock.
- The first time you turn on your phone, it will search for Sprint service, and begin the setup application. See Complete the Setup Screens.
- If your phone is not yet activated, see Activate Your Phone for more information.
- Press and hold the Power/Lock button to open the Phone options menu.
Note: When the screen is locked and you press the Power/Lock button it will only turn off the screen and not the phone. You will need to turn the screen on before you press and hold the Power/Lock button to turn the phone off. See Lock and Unlock Your Screen for details.
- Tap Power off to turn the phone off.
- Your phone will power off.
If HTC U11 is running slower than normal, is unresponsive, or has an app that is not performing properly, try rebooting and see if that helps solve the problem. Restarting the phone will close all running apps and will clear all temporary files in the phone’s memory. Make sure to save your work before restarting the phone.
- If the display is off, press the Power/Lock button to turn it back on.
- Press and hold the Power/Lock button for about two seconds.
- Tap Restart.
Note: If the phone or touchscreen becomes unresponsive, press and hold the Power/Lock and Volume down buttons for at least 12 to 15 seconds to restart the phone.