On your old Android phone, download the HTC Transfer Tool and use it to transfer your content to your new HTC phone.
The types of locally stored content on your old phone that the HTC Transfer Tool can transfer include contacts, messages, calendar events, music, photos, videos, and some settings. More types of data such as call histories, email accounts, and some HTC app settings can be transferred from HTC phones that have HTC Sense 5.5 or higher.
Note: You need Android version 2.2 or later to use the HTC Transfer Tool on your old phone.
- Tap > > Settings > Get content from another phone.
- Choose whether to transfer from an old HTC Android phone or other Android phone.
- On the Get content from another phone screen, tap Next.
- Follow the steps shown on your new phone to download and install the HTC Transfer Tool from Google Play to your old phone, install it, and open the tool.
- When you see a PIN on your old phone, make sure the same PIN also appears on your new phone before you continue.
Note: If the PIN code doesn’t appear, tap Retry on your old phone. If it still won’t appear, this may mean that your old phone is unable to connect to HTC U11. When this happens, try another transfer method.
- Tap Confirm on your old phone.
- On your old phone, choose the types of content you want to transfer, tap Transfer, and then tap Yes.
- Wait for the transfer to finish.
- Tap Done on both phones.