You are here: Making Connections > Messaging > Text and Multimedia Messaging > Send a Text Message (SMS)
Quickly compose and send text messages on your phone.
- Tap > > Messages.
- Tap .
- Enter a contact name or mobile number in the "To" field. Or select a contact from the list.
- Tap the "Type an SMS message" box and then start composing your message.
- There is a limit on the number of characters for a single text message. Once you go over the character limit, a new message is created but automatically joined into one when received. As you near the limit, a character count will appear above .
- Your text message automatically becomes a multimedia message if you select two or more recipients, attach an item, or compose a very long message.
- Tap to send, or tap to save the message as a draft.