Record Video Using Acoustic Focus
While recording video, you can zoom in to focus on your subject and capture their audio loud and clear using Acoustic Focus.
- The Acoustic Focus feature only works while you're in Video capture mode.
- Acoustic Focus is only available when recording using the main camera and 3D Audio. See Record Video in 3D Audio or High Resolution Audio.
- Tap > Camera.
- Switch to Video mode, if you're not in this mode. See Choose a Capture Mode.
- By default, Acoustic Focus is already enabled. If you need to turn it on, tap to open the slideout menu, and then tap Acoustic Focus.
- Frame the shot then tap to start recording.
- While recording, you can slide two fingers apart to zoom in on your subject. The green mic level indicates how amplified your subject's audio becomes as you zoom.
- When recording, make sure not to cover the microphones when holding the phone.
- Tap to pause the recording, and then tap to resume.
- Tap to stop recording.
Tip: Videos recorded in 3D Audio are marked with in Google Photos. Use earphones when playing back the video to enjoy immersive sound.