Depending on your notification settings, the phone plays a ringtone, vibrates, or displays the message briefly in the status bar when you receive a new text or multimedia message. To change the notification for new text and multimedia messages, see Messages Options. A new message icon ( ) also appears in the status bar.
- To open and read the message, you can:
- Open the notification panel, and then tap the new message.
- Tap > > Messages, and then tap the message.
- While reading the message, you can:
- Reply with a text message. Tap the "Type an SMS message" box, enter your reply message, and then tap .
- Reply with a multimedia message. Tap the "Type an MMS message" box, enter your reply message, tap to choose an attachment for your message, and then tap .
- Call or save a phone number contained in the message. Tap the phone number, and then choose whether to call the number or add it to your contacts.
- Open a link in the message. Tap the link to open it in the Web browser.
- Send to an email address contained in the message. Tap the email address to send an email.
- Check message details. Touch and hold the message (do not tap a link or a phone number) and then tap .
Forward a Message
- Tap > > Messages.
- Tap a contact (or phone number) to display the exchange of messages with that contact.
- Touch and hold the message, and then tap .
- Select the recipient from the pop-up window, or tap New message to select another contact.
- Tap to send.
View and Save an Attachment from a Multimedia Message
When you receive a multimedia message, you can view and save files that are attached to it.
- If there’s a media attachment such as a photo or video in a received message, tap it to view the content and tap to save.
- If the attachment is a contact (vCard), tap it to view the contact information, and then tap to add to your contacts.
Note: If you are concerned about the size of your data downloads, you can choose to check the size and subject first before you download a multimedia message. On the Messages main screen, tap > Settings > Advanced. Turn off the Auto-download MMS option.