When you see notification icons, open the notification panel to check out details of the notifications that you’ve received. You can also quickly access settings from the notification panel.
- Slide down from the top of the screen to open the notification panel.
- On the notification panel:
- Tap the notification to open the corresponding app.
- To dismiss just one notification in the list, drag it left or right.
- Slide two fingers apart on the notification to expand it and see more details or see if there are more notifications bundled inside it. Slide two fingers together on the notification to minimize it again.
- Some notifications allow you to take immediate action. For example, tap Reply to reply directly to a received text message or tap Call back to return a missed call. Tap on a notification to show all actions that you can immediately take without opening the related app.
- If you have several notifications, scroll through the list screen to see them all.
- To dismiss all non-persistent notifications, tap Clear all.
- Touch and hold a notification to customize the corresponding app's notification settings. You can change what app notifications you want to receive. See Manage App Notifications.
You can set the priority of app notifications or completely block notifications for apps you don’t want to be notified about.
- Tap > > Settings > Sound & notification.
- Tap Notifications, and then tap the app to set. You can also touch and hold a notification in the notification panel or the lock screen to see the notification settings you can customize.
- Tap the On/Off switch next to the option you want to toggle.
- Settings for app notifications are applied to notifications in the notification panel and the lock screen.