In Settings > Display, gestures & buttons, tap Motion Launch gestures and make sure that the Motion Launch gestures you want to use are selected. If Motion Launch is already on but your phone is not responding to your gestures, see the possible causes below.
- There was no motion gesture before the finger gesture. Make sure to lift the phone first before doing the finger gesture.
- Length of swiping was too short. Swipe a longer distance across your screen.
- When swiping up to unlock the screen, you didn’t swipe from the bottom half of the screen.
- You may have covered the proximity sensor while holding the phone.
- The duration of swiping may be too long. Release your finger when the phone vibrates.