You can set how your phone receives a multimedia message, or set other messaging options.
- Tap > > Messages.
- Tap > Settings. You can set the following options:
- Default SMS app: Select which app to use to send and receive text and multimedia messages.
- Get notifications: Enable this option to display a notification in the notification panel when you receive a text or multimedia message.
- Notification sound: Select the outgoing message and notification sound.
- Hear outgoing message sounds: Enable this option to hear a sound when your text or multimedia message is sent.
- Vibrate: Enable this option if you want the phone to vibrate when you receive a text or multimedia message.
- Your current country: Auto-detects your current location.
- Enhanced features: Tap to select options such as using data for messaging, sending read receipts, showing typing indicator, and automatic resending if message gets undelivered.
- Group messaging: Select whether to send individual SMS messages or a single MMS to all recipients in a group message.
- Auto-download MMS: Select this option to automatically retrieve all your multimedia messages completely. When selected, the multimedia message header plus the message body and attachments will automatically download to your phone. If you turn this off, only the multimedia message header will be retrieved and shown in the messages screen.
- Auto-download MMS when roaming: Select this option to automatically retrieve all your multimedia messages completely while roaming. Data roaming charges will apply.
- Use simple characters: Enable this option to convert special characters in SMS messages you send.
- Wireless alerts: Tap to see emergency alerts and cell broadcasts.
- SIM card messages: Displays the messages stored on your nano SIM card.
- Phone number: Enable or change the callback number for MMS.