Post updates, read what your friends are up to, upload pictures and check-ins, and more with on-the-go Facebook access.
Update the Facebook App on Your Phone
Before you use Facebook on your phone, you must download and install the app update from the Google Play store app. See Find and Install an App for details.
- Tap > > Play Store.
- Tap the search bar and search for "facebook".
- Tap Facebook from the results list.
- Tap Update.
- The app update will be downloaded and installed on your phone.
- When the download has completed, tap Open.
- To open the app from the home screen, tap > > Facebook.
Once you’ve downloaded the Facebook app and signed in, you can post and read updates, upload pictures, tag locations, and more, all from your phone.
- Tap > > Facebook
- The Facebook app launches.
- If this is the first time you’ve used Facebook on your phone, enter your Facebook ID and password and tap Log in to sign in to an existing account, or tap Sign Up for Facebook to set up a new Facebook account.
- Tap Status and type an update, tap Photo and upload a picture from the gallery, tap Check In to share your location, “Like” and comment on friends’ posts, and more.