Enter Text by Typing
The keyboard becomes available when you tap a text field in an app. Enter letters and numbers, change the keyboard layout or language, and more.
- Tap the keys on the onscreen keyboard to enter letters and numbers, as well as punctuation marks and symbols.
- Tap to enter an uppercase letter. Tap twice to turn on caps lock.
- Touch and hold keys with gray characters at the top to enter numbers, symbols, or accented letters. Some keys have multiple characters or accents associated with them.
- To delete your text entry one letter at a time, tap . To quickly delete words, touch and hold .
- Tap to show number and symbol keys. Tap to return to the main keyboard.
- Tap to choose from a wide selection of emojis.
- Tap to check out more features, options, and settings. You can resize the keyboard space, change the layout and design, download dictionaries, and more.
- Tap to close the onscreen keyboard.