Turning on advanced mode activates the squeeze and hold gesture.
In this mode, you'll be able to do the following with Edge Sense:
- While you're using the Camera app, squeeze and hold the lower sides of your phone to switch between the main and front cameras. You can do this only if the squeeze gesture—whether it's the short squeeze or squeeze and hold—is set to Launch Camera app.
- Do two different actions when squeezing, depending on how long you squeeze. By default, short squeeze opens the Camera app while squeeze and hold launches Google voice assistant. You can assign these two squeeze gestures to other actions.
- Tap > > Settings.
- Tap Edge Sense.
- Select the Enable advanced mode check box.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to set the squeeze force levels.
- To change the action the phone takes when you squeeze it, tap Customize short squeeze action, and then choose your preferred option.
- To change the action the phone takes when you squeeze and hold it, tap Customize squeeze & hold action, and then choose your preferred option.
- Tap to save your setting.