If you do not already have a Google Account, you can create one online or using your phone.
- You can also create and sign into your Google/Gmail account through your phone’s Setup application.
- Although you need a Gmail account to use certain features of your phone, such as Google Play, you do not need to use Gmail as the default account for your phone.
Create a Google Account Online
- From a computer, launch a Web browser and navigate to google.com.
- On the main page, click Sign in > Add account > Create account.
- Follow the onscreen prompts to create your free account.
- Navigate to your Gmail inbox.
Create a Google Account Using Your Phone
- Tap > > Settings > Accounts & sync.
- Tap .
- Tap Google, and then tap More options > Create a new account.
- Follow the prompts to set up your account. Tap Next to proceed between steps, which may include:
- Enter your First name and Last name.
- Enter a desired Username.
- Enter and reenter a password.
- Create a security question and answer.
- Enter a secondary email address to help you recover your password if you ever lose it.
- On the Finish account screen, select your Web history and additional Google Play options.
- Enter the letters from the Authenticating screen.
- After your phone connects with the Google servers, select the items you would like to sync with your phone and then tap Sync now.
- Tap Finish setup.
- You are signed in to your Google Account, and your phone will synchronize the selected items.
Note: When setting up a new Google Account, either on your phone or online, you will be prompted to add a secondary email address. Enter a second Gmail address or any other email address from which you currently send and receive email. This address is used to authenticate your account should you ever encounter problems or forget your password. It is strongly encouraged for Android users so you can regain access to Google services and purchases on your phone.