If HTC U11 has had contact with salt water, liquid chemicals, dust, or other contaminants, immediately rinse the phone. When the phone is wet, make sure to dry it thoroughly.
To avoid damaging HTC U11, don't charge the phone when contaminants are present or the USB port is not completely dry. In these circumstances, do not connect any external device.
The sound volume of the earpiece, speakers, and microphone may be less audible if these parts are not dried well.
- Before rinsing, make sure the nano SIM and microSD slot covers are closed tightly. See SIM Card and SD Card for details.
- Rinse the phone using fresh water. Rinse by hand only. Don't use a brush or sponge.
- While rinsing, do not press on the card slot covers to avoid having gaps around the covers which may allow water to seep through the gaps.
- Gently wipe off the water from the phone with a clean, dry cloth. Don't use cotton swabs to wipe the earpiece, speakers, microphone, and connection port.
- The display may not respond accurately to touch gestures when it's wet. For the touch screen and lenses, wipe with a soft dry cloth such as a microfiber cloth that will not scratch the surface.
- Leave the phone at room temperature for 3 hours or so to let it dry completely. If buttons and any connection port such as the USB port are still wet, make sure to let them dry completely before you use the phone.
- If condensation forms inside the display such as when there's a drastic change in temperature, place the phone at room temperature until condensation disappears.