It’s quick and easy to add a fingerprint.
- Tap > > Settings > Fingerprint scanner.
- Tap Add fingerprint.
- If you haven’t already set up a lock screen pattern, PIN, or password, you’ll be asked to set one up.
- Tap Start.
- Choose which finger or thumb to use, touch the scanner until it vibrates, then lift your finger or thumb.
- Repeatedly touch the scanner until the fingerprint has been successfully recorded. You’ll get the best results if you hold your finger in the same direction when touching the scanner.
- After you’ve successfully recorded your fingerprint, tap Done. Otherwise, tap Add another fingerprint to register another one.
- You can now use your fingerprint to wake up and unlock your phone.
Important: You’ll need to input your backup lock screen pattern, PIN, or password if the scanner doesn’t identify your fingerprint after five attempts. You’ll only have 10 additional attempts before your data is deleted from your phone.