Open topic with navigation
HTC Sense Input Keyboard
When you start a program or select a box that requires entry of text or numbers, the HTC Sense input keyboard becomes available. You can choose from three keyboard layouts: Standard, Phone, and Compact.
Change the Keyboard Layout
You can choose from three different keyboard layouts to suit your typing style. To change the keyboard layout, do the following:
- Open the Notifications panel, and then touch > Language & keyboard > HTC Sense Input > Advanced settings.
- Touch Keyboard types, and then select from the following keyboard types:
- Standard. This layout is similar to a desktop computer keyboard. This is the default keyboard layout.
- Phone. This layout resembles a traditional wireless phone keypad.
- Compact. This layout features two letters on each key. The keys are slightly larger than on the standard layout.
Enter Text Using the Touch Input Keyboard
Use the following keys while entering text using the onscreen keyboard:
Change to Landscape Keyboard
When entering text, you can choose to use the landscape orientation of the touch input keyboard by turning the phone sideways. This pops up a larger Standard keyboard that lets you type easily using two thumbs.
Note: The landscape keyboard is not supported in all applications.
Adjust the Touch Input Settings
- Open the Notifications panel, and then touch > Language & keyboard > HTC Sense Input.
- Change the following settings:
- International keyboard lets you add or remove languages from the touch input language list.
- Enable or disable keyboard settings including sound and vibration feedback, trace keyboard, and toggle among keyboard types.
- Chinese input settings lets you set options when entering text in Chinese.
- Pinyin: Choose Traditional Chinese or Simplified Chinese in Output characters. In Simplified Chinese, you can enable Fuzzy Pinyin Pairs.
- Stroke: Choose Traditional Chinese or Simplified Chinese in Output characters.
- Handwriting: Write Chinese characters directly on the screen. You can set the output character, pen color, and more.
- Keyboard types lets you select the keyboard layout to use. You can choose from Standard, Phone, or Compact.
- Bilingual prediction lets you activate word prediction for a second language.
- Trace color lets you select the color to use when using the Trace keyboard.
- Advanced settings: Prediction preference
- Word prediction: Enable the word prediction feature.
- Spell correction: Correct typographical errors by selecting from a list of possible words based on the keys you have touched as well as neighboring keys.
- Advanced settings: Phone & compact
- Spell correction: Correct typographical errors by selecting from a list of possible words that reflect the characters of the keys you have touched as well as characters of nearby keys.
- Word completion: Select from a list of possible combinations based on the characters that appear on the keys that you touched.
- Advanced settings: Finger touch calibration
- Calibration tool: Lets you recalibrate the keyboard if you feel that the keys are not responding accurately to your touches.
- Reset calibration: Reset the calibration back to factory default.
- Tutorial lets you go through tutorials to learn how to use the touch input keyboard features.