Use client and Certificate Authority (CA) digital certificates to enable your phone to access VPN or secured Wi-Fi networks, and also to provide authentication to online servers. You can get a certificate from your system administrator or download it from sites that require authentication.
- Some apps such as your browser or email client let you install certificates directly in the app. See the app’s help for details.
- You must set a lock screen PIN or password before installing a digital certificate.
Install a Digital Certificate
- Save the certificate file in the root folder on your phone.
- Tap > > Settings.
- Tap Security.
- Tap Install from storage.
- If you have more than one certificate in the root folder, select the certificate you want to install.
- Enter a name for the certificate and tap OK.