When you open Google Photos for the first time, sign in to your Google Account, if prompted, and choose whether to turn backup and sync on or off.
- Tap > > Photos.
- You'll see your local and synced photos and videos organized by date. If you see on a thumbnail, it means that the media file is only stored on the phone and not yet backed up to your Google Account.
- To switch to another view, tap , and then choose how you want to view your media files.
- Tap a thumbnail to view it in full screen.
- To view an album, tap to open the slideout menu, and then tap Device folders.
- Or, if you see tabs at the bottom of the screen, you can tap the Albums tab, and then swipe across the collection thumbnails. Tap Device folders to view photos and videos that are saved on your phone.