You can update your phone’s software using the System updates option.
Updating your phone may result in a loss of saved data depending on the condition of your phone (malfunctioning, damaged, water seepage, etc.). You must back up all critical information before updating your phone firmware.
Note: Updating your phone firmware may not permanently erase all data from your phone, including personal information.
To back up your Gmail information:
- Tap > > Settings > Accounts & sync.
- Do any of the following:
- Turn on the Autosync option. When auto sync is on, Gmail email, Calendar, and Contacts automatically synchronize whenever a change is made.
- Tap Google, select the Google Account you want to back up, and then select the items you want to synchronize. Tap > Sync now to sync your Google Account information.
To back up your Google applications:
Applications you’ve purchased from Google Play are reloaded remotely and can be re-installed after the update is applied. After the update, make sure that you add your Google Account on the phone.
- Tap > > Play Store.
- Tap to open the slideout menu.
- Tap My apps & games, swipe to the All tab, and then tap the app you want to restore.
- Follow the onscreen instructions.
As an added precaution, to preserve any data on your microSD card, please unmount it from your phone prior to starting the update process.
- See Storage Settings for details.
This option allows you to update the phone’s operating system (OS) via an over-the-air connection.
- Tap > > Settings > System updates.
- Tap HTC software update > Check now.
Note: If you want to conserve data usage, you can select the Update over Wi-Fi only option before you tap Check now.
- Follow onscreen instructions to download and install any available updates.
- Your phone automatically downloads and installs any available updates. You may be required to power your phone off and back on to complete the software upgrade.
Confirm Your Current Phone Firmware
- Tap > > Settings > About > Software version.
- The software version is displayed.