Turn Your Phone On and Off
The instructions below explain how to turn your phone on and off.
- Press and hold the Power/Lock button on the right panel of the phone.
- Your phone will power on. Depending on the settings, you may see the lock screen.
You will feel or hear the phone vibrate when it has been turned on. The first time you turn on your phone, it will search for Sprint service, and begin the setup application.
- If your phone is not yet activated, see Activate Your Phone for more information.
- Press and hold the Power/Lock button to open the Phone options menu.
Note: When the screen is locked and you press the Power/Lock button it will only turn off the screen and not the phone. You will need to turn the screen on before you press and hold the Power/Lock button to turn the phone off. See Lock and Unlock Your Screen for details.
- Tap Power off to turn the phone off.
- Your phone will power off.
Restarting the phone will close all running apps and will clear all temporary files in the phone’s memory. Make sure to save your work before restarting the phone.
- Press and hold the Power/Lock button for about two seconds.
- On the Phone options menu, tap Restart.
- In the Restart phone confirmation box, tap Restart.
Note: If the phone or touchscreen becomes unresponsive, press and hold the Power/Lock button for about 12 seconds to restart the phone.