Check the questions and answers below for troubleshooting solutions for common phone issues.
Check Here First
Question: Phone freezes/operation is unstable.
Answer: Turn the phone on again. See Turn Your Phone On and Off. Data that was being edited is erased after your phone is powered on again.
Question: Operation is unstable after a new application was installed.
Answer: The newly installed application may be the cause. Uninstall the application following the steps in Uninstall Third-party Apps. If you're unable to uninstall the app, restart the phone in Safe mode. To turn the phone on in Safe mode:
- Press and hold the Power/Lock button, touch and hold Power off, read the disclaimer for safe mode, and then tap OK.
- After turning the phone on in Safe mode, "Safe Mode" appears at lower left.
- After restarting in Safe mode, your phone can be powered on as usual.
- Before turning the phone on in Safe mode, it is recommended that you back up important data.
- By powering the phone on in Safe mode, added widgets may be deleted.
Question: Cannot use phone, email, or Internet.
Answer 1: Check whether you are where signal is weak or out of service area.
Answer 2: Power the phone on again.
Answer 3: Is the phone in Airplane mode? To check that Airplane mode is canceled:
- Swipe down from the status bar with two fingers to open Quick Settings. Check if Airplane mode is turned off.
Answer 4: Is data communication disabled? To check that data communication is enabled:
- Swipe down from the status bar with two fingers to open Quick Settings. Check if Mobile data is turned on.
Question: Battery level goes down quickly.
Answer: Are you where signal is weak or have been out of service area for a long period? Calling where signal is weak or being out of service area uses a lot of battery power.
Question: Cannot install applications.
Answer: Applications cannot be installed with only a little free space on the phone or SD card. To check free space, see SD Card Storage Settings. Applications not supported by your phone cannot be installed.
Question: Cannot unlock screen.
Answer: Restart the phone. Data that was being edited is erased after the phone is powered on again.