The SIM card is an IC card containing phone number and other customer information.
Keep the following in mind when handling a SIM card.
- You are responsible for any damage caused by inserting the SIM card in another-brand IC card reader, etc. Sprint is not responsible in such case.
- Always keep the IC chip clean.
- Wipe clean with a dry, soft cloth.
- Avoid applying labels. May damage SIM card.
- See instructions included with the SIM card for handling.
- The SIM card is the property of Sprint.
- The SIM card is replaceable (at cost) in case of loss/damage.
- Return the SIM card to Sprint when canceling subscription.
- Returned SIM cards are recycled for environmental purposes.
- Note that SIM card specifications and performance may change without notice.
- It is recommended that you keep a separate copy of information that is stored on SIM card. Sprint is not responsible for damages from stored information that is lost.
- Always follow emergency procedures to suspend service if your SIM card or phone (SIM card inserted) is lost or stolen. For details, contact Customer Service.
- Always power off the phone before inserting/removing SIM card.
Nano SIM Card
HTC 10 uses a nano SIM card. The nano SIM card is preinstalled on HTC 10. If you need to remove or replace the card, refer to the following instructions.
Use a standard nano SIM card only. Inserting a modified card that is thicker than the standard nano SIM card may cause the card to not fit properly or damage the card slot.
Slots with Card Trays
There are trays inside the nano SIM and microSD slots that are used for inserting your cards.
When inserting the eject tool into the tray eject holes to remove the card trays, make sure not to press on the trays to avoid damaging the eject mechanism inside the slots.
Also, if you want to use a protective case, make sure to buy a case that's designed for HTC 10 and that doesn't block the trays.
The nano SIM card is preinstalled on HTC 10. If you need to remove or replace the card, refer to the following instructions.
Remember to power off your phone before inserting a SIM card.
- Hold the phone face down.
- Fully insert the tray eject pin (included in the box) into the small hole next to the nano SIM card tray slot until the tray ejects.
- Pull the tray out and place the nano SIM card into the tray. Make sure that the nano SIM card’s gold contacts are facing up.
- Insert the tray back into the slot.