Group messaging makes it easy to send a message to multiple contacts all at once. You can choose to send a group SMS or group MMS.
- You will be charged for each text message sent. For example, if you send a message to a group of five people, you will be charged for five messages.
- Group MMS may incur extra data fees.
- Tap > > Messages.
- Tap .
- Tap , select multiple recipients, and then tap Done. You can also swipe to the Group tab and select a contact group.
- To send a group SMS, tap and select the Send as individual option. Clear this option to send your message as a group MMS.
- Group SMS. Your message will be sent to the recipients as a text message and each message sent will be charged to your allocated text message plan. Replies of your recipients are sorted separately.
- Group MMS. Similar to a group chat, sending a group MMS lets your recipients join the conversation you’ve started. Your phone also organizes message replies in a single conversation thread. If this is your first time to send a group MMS, you may need to enter your mobile phone number.
- Tap the "Add text" box, and then start composing your message.
- Tap to send, or tap to save the message as a draft.
Group MMS FAQs
Question: Why can’t my recipients see or join the group MMS I sent them?
Answer: Check whether your recipients have enabled Group messaging on their mobile devices. Some devices or mobile operators may not support this feature.
Question: How do I receive or block group MMS?
Answer: In Message settings, tap Multimedia messages (MMS), and then turn Group Messaging on or off.