Mobile Hotspot allows you to turn your phone into a Wi-Fi hotspot. When this feature is turned on, you can share your phone’s mobile data services via Wi-Fi with other Wi-Fi enabled devices. The feature works best when used in conjunction with 4G data services (although 3G service can also be used).
Important: Use of the Hotspot feature requires an additional subscription. Sign on to your account at sprint.com/mysprint or access your account via Sprint Zone (tap > > Sprint Zone) to learn more.
Note: Turning on Hotspot on will disable your phone’s connection to other Wi-Fi networks.
- Swipe down from the status bar, and then tap .
- Under Wireless & networks, tap More.
- Tap Mobile network sharing > Mobile Hotspot > OK.
- Enter a router name or use the default router name.
- Set the password (key) for your wireless router or use the default password.
Important: To help minimize security risks, use the default settings and set a secure and unique password.
Note: The password is the key other people need to enter on their device so they can connect and use your phone as a wireless router.
- Tap the Mobile Hotspot switch to turn on the wireless router.
Your phone is ready to be used as a wireless router when you see on the status bar.