While you’re on a call, you will see a number of onscreen options.
- Mute : Mute the microphone during an active call. Tap again to unmute the microphone.
Note: If Mute is activated, the speaker mode is deactivated.
- Speaker : Route the phone’s audio through the speaker (On) or through the earpiece (Off).
- Activate Speaker to route the phone’s audio through the speaker. (You can adjust the speaker volume using the Volume button.)
- Deactivate Speaker to use the phone’s earpiece.
Warning: Because of higher volume levels, do not place the phone near your ear during speakerphone use.
- Dialpad : Use the onscreen dialpad to enter additional numbers, for example, an extension or access code.
- For example: When you call your bank’s 800 number, use your dialpad to enter your account number and PIN.
- Tap to view more in-call options.
- Add call: Tap to initiate a conference call (3-way call).
- Flash: Tap to put the current call on hold.
- People: Display your contacts list.
- Open contact card: Display the caller’s contact information.
End a Call
There are a couple of options for ending a phone call.
- On the call screen, tap End call.
- Slide the notification panel open, and then tap .
If the phone number of the person who called is not in your contacts list, you can choose to save the number to your contacts list after you hang up.