With HTC Sync Manager, enjoy the same media whether you’re at your computer or on the move. Use it also to store your same contacts, important documents, and other data on both your phone and your computer.
HTC Sync Manager supports a computer running Windows or Mac OS.
Here are the things you can do with HTC Sync Manager.
- View and manage media on your computer
- Browse and manage music, photos, and videos that are on your computer and your phone.
- Import iTunes and Windows Media® Player playlists from your computer to HTC Sync Manager.
- Play music, videos, and playlists using the built-in player.
- Create playlists from music on your computer or your phone and then sync these to your other device.
- Transfer content
- Transfer iPhone photos, text messages, contacts, and more to your HTC phone. You can also find and install the same apps that you were using on your iPhone.
- Import all music, photos, and videos from your HTC phone to your computer.
- Copy selected music, photos, or videos from your computer to your phone.
- Import documents from your computer to your phone.
- Back up and restore. Back up your HTC phone to your computer so you can easily restore your backup to the same phone or to another phone.
- Sync data. Sync data such as contacts, calendar, and Web bookmarks between your phone and your computer.
Follow the steps below to install HTC Sync Manager on your computer.
Note: You can install HTC Sync Manager on Windows XP or later versions. To install it on a Mac computer, you need Mac OS 10.6 or later versions.
Important: If you have problem with installing HTC Sync Manager, close all your running programs and reinstall. If the problem persists, temporarily disable your anti-virus program and try installing again.
- Download the HTC Sync Manager installer from htc.com/hsm.
- Launch the installer and follow the onscreen instructions.
- Connect your phone to your computer using the supplied USB cable. HTC Sync Manager opens.
Important: If you disabled your anti-virus program, make sure to turn it back on after installing HTC Sync Manager.
With HTC Sync Manager, easily transfer iPhone content such as contacts, messages, wallpaper, camera photos, and more to your HTC phone. If you’re using an HTC phone that has HTC Sense 6, HTC Sync Manager also enables your phone to find and install the same apps that you were using on your iPhone.
Note: You need to use iTunes 9.0 or later to back up your iPhone content first to your computer.
- Connect your iPhone and your HTC phone to your computer.
- In HTC Sync Manager, click Home > Transfer & Backup.
- Click the Get Started button.
- If you haven’t used iTunes to back up your iPhone content to your computer, please do so before proceeding.
- Select your iPhone backup file, and then click OK.
- Select the types of content you want to transfer to your HTC phone.
You can choose whether to replace the content on your HTC phone with the iPhone content.
- Click Start. Wait for HTC Sync Manager to finish transferring content.
- When done, slide open the notification panel on your HTC phone, and then tap .
- Choose which apps you were using on iPhone you want to find in Google Play and download to your HTC phone.
To find out more about using HTC Sync Manager, download the user guide PDF from the HTC support site (htc.com/hsm). Or open the Help that comes with the software.
Tip: On Windows, click in HTC Sync Manager, and then click Help.