Store your photos, documents, and other files on Google Drive to access them on your phone, your computer, and your other mobile devices. On your phone, just use your Google Account to sign in to your Google Drive storage.
You can then:
- Use Gallery to upload your captured photos to Google Drive.
- Share a link to your Google Drive files by email.
- View and edit Office documents that are stored in Google Drive. After creating new Office documents, you can also save them to Google Drive.
- View PDFs that are stored in Google Drive. You can also export Office documents as PDFs to Google Drive.
- Check your available Google Drive storage space in Settings.
- Back up your phone to Google Drive, so you can easily restore your backup to another HTC phone next time.
- Use the Google Drive app to manage your online storage.
In addition to the default storage that you get from Google Drive, you may be eligible to receive additional storage for free. Sign in to your Google Account on HTC 10 (and not from your computer or other non-HTC phones) to claim this offer.
- Tap > > Drive.
- If this is your first time to open the Drive app, walk through the product tour until you see the additional storage offer.
If you’ve opened this app before and currently don’t see the screen for redeeming the offer, tap > Settings > Product Tour to walk through the product tour.
- On the screen that shows the additional storage offer, tap Redeem. Or to claim the offer at a later time, tap Offer Details and check up to when you can redeem the offer.
- The additional storage will then be added to your account.
- Follow the onscreen prompts to learn the things you can do with Google Drive.
- Additional terms and requirements may apply (including a subscription fee) after your two-year trial expires. For details, refer to the terms and conditions on the Google Drive support site support.google.com.
- The Drive app is owned by Google and is not provided by or associated with HTC Corporation.
- Uploading files requires you have the Drive app installed on your phone. If this app is not preloaded, you can download and install it from Google Play.
Check you available storage space right in the Google Drive app.
- Tap > > Drive.
- Tap . You’ll see your storage space on the slideout menu.
From time to time, check back on how much online storage space you still have before you upload more content.