Your phone is designed to enter global roaming mode automatically when you activate your Sprint Worldwide service, meaning that it should automatically connect to an appropriate CDMA/LTE network or GSM/UMTS network when you travel. You may set global roaming options through the settings menu.
You may also need to set your network mode options through the settings menu. See Set the Communications Method for Global Use.
To enable your phone for international roaming:
- Swipe down from the status bar, and then tap > Mobile data > Roaming.
- If Roaming is disabled, turn it on.
- Tap the checkbox for International voice & text roaming.
- Tap OK.
To set your network mode options manually:
- Swipe down from the status bar, and then tap > Mobile data > Network mode.
- To allow connections to CDMA or LTE networks only, tap CDMA Only or LTE/CDMA.
- To allow connections to GSM or UMTS networks only, tap GSM/UMTS Only.
- To allow connections to available CDMA/LTE or GSM/UMTS networks, tap Automatic. This is the recommended setting for international use.