If you do not already have a Google Account, you can create one online or using your phone.
- You can also create and sign into your Google/Gmail account through your phone’s Setup application.
- Although you need a Gmail account to use certain features of your phone, such as Google Play, you do not need to use Gmail as the default account for your phone.
Create a Google Account Online
- From a computer, launch a Web browser and navigate to google.com.
- On the main page, click Signin > Create an account.
- Follow the onscreen prompts to create your free account.
- Navigate to your the Gmail inbox.
Create a Google Account Using Your Phone
- Tap > > Settings > Accounts & sync.
- Tap > Google.
- Tap Or create a new account.
- Enter your first name and last name, and then tap Next.
- Enter your desired email address, and then tap Next.
- When prompted, enter and re-enter a password, and then tap Next.
- In the Rescue info screen, enter the phone number to use to recover your account password in case you forgot.
- If you’ve entered a phone number, a security code will be sent to that phone and you will be asked to enter the code in the Verify phone number screen.
- In Your Google Account screen, tap Next.
- Select your preferences in the Google services screen and then tap Next.
- Set up your payment information or select Remind me later and then tap Next.
- To go to your Gmail inbox, tap > > Gmail.