The setup screens help you set up certain features and preferences on your phone. Once your phone has been turned on, you will see a Welcome message. You can then complete the setup process.
Note: You may be able to complete the setup screens before your phone has been activated on your account.
- From the Welcome screen, select a language and tap Start to get started.
- To skip any section, tap Next or Skip.
Note: If you are visually impaired or hard of hearing, touch and hold the screen with two fingers to enable TalkBack. Tap Accessibility settings to change accessibility options.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to complete each section. For each topic, you will have the option to skip it and continue to the next screen.
- Set up Internet access – Select Mobile data or select a Wi-Fi® network to connect to. For secured Wi-Fi networks, you will need to enter a password. See Turn Wi-Fi On and Connect to a Wireless Network.
- Hands Free Activation – See Activate Your Phone.
- Add your account – Enter your Google Account and password. If you don’t have a Google Account, tap Or create a new account. See Add a Gmail Account for details.
Note: You do not need to sign up for a Google Account to use your phone. However, to download apps from the Google Play™ Store or chat in Google Hangouts™, you must link your phone to a Google Account.
- Get your apps & data – If you have backed up your old phone’s data to your Google Account, you can easily restore that backup on your new phone using Android Backup Service.
- If you want to restore a previous device backup, tap next to the backed up device name, select the backup you want to restore, and then tap Done. Tap next to All apps, select which apps you want restored on your new phone, and then tap Done. Tap Next.
- If you don’t want to restore any backup, tap next to the backed up device name, select Set up as new device, and then tap Done. Tap Next.
- Protect your phone – Register a fingerprint to help secure your phone. Tap Skip for now to do this later in Settings > Fingerprint scanner. See Fingerprint Scanner for details.
- Personalize your phone – Give your new phone a name and share your location and personal usage data for relevant apps and information recommendations on the HTC Sense® Home.
- Tap Finish.
- Your phone is now set up for use. If you skipped any part of the setup, you can access additional options through the Apps screen or through Settings.
Note: Some features that need to connect to the Internet such as location-based services and auto-sync of your online accounts may incur extra data fees. To avoid incurring data fees, disable these features under Settings.